WHAT IS SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a technique (others call it a gimmick) for attracting visitors to a website by gaining high-ranking placement on a search engine’s search results.
A website with effectively optimized SEO will come up on a search engine’s foremost results.
BEST SEO TOOLS FOR 2017 – Choose from these
Are you tired of Google and other search engines ignoring your site? Well worry no more!
Below are 11 of the best SEO tools that you can lay your hands on in 2017. These tools can help you optimize your site and catch the attention of those snobbish search engines. Most of the tools are free, while some need to be purchased to unlock their full potential.
- Keywordtool.io: This free tool is useful if you want something simple and efficient for generating keyword ideas.
- Google Trends: This tool assists by indicating and predicting changes in trends in specified markets, thus providing its user insight concerning strategic decisions to make.
- GTMetrix: This tool provides information concerning a pages’ loading speed and indicates possible areas of improvement.
- Builtwith: As the name implies, this is a website profiler tool that lets you the user know what technology was applied in creating a site
- Bing Webmaster Tools (BWT): This tool provides an opportunity for users to monitor and evaluate how a site is performing on Bing.
- Redirect Path: This is a free Google Chrome extension that helps discover HTTP headers and redirect errors.
- Google Analytics: SEO data is most useful when it helps you understand your site’s visitors. Google Analytics provides said data in spades.
- Screaming Frog’s SEO Spider: This is a website crawler that allows you to access critical data on URLs.
- Google Keyword Planner: This is arguably one of the best keyword research tools. Once you enter a seed word into it, it proffers unique keyword suggestions.
- Google Search Console: This tool helps you visualize how your site might look among search results. Crawling errors, html improvement suggestions, and other useful elements are also provided by Google Search Control.
- Long Tail Pro: This keyword research tool includes competitor analysis to help target the right keywords for your website. Long Tail Pro analyses the top 10 results on Google for each of your keywords and thus lets you know appropriate modifications to make your keyword distinctive.
BENEFITS OF AN OPTIMIZED SEO.
- Increasing traffic to your site – Ranking at the top of a search engine result assures a site’s link gets more clicks and this leads to a significant increase in traffic.
- Cost effectiveness – SEO saves money on marketing because if your site is properly optimized, and the services you offer are searched for, your site will be one of the first offered as a probable source.
If your site is first on the search engine list, likelihood is online customers will come to you first.
- It makes your website easier to navigate – Improving your site’s SEO simultaneously helps make your website more user friendly to visitors. This happens because rearranging your site to improve its SEO inadvertently leads to making your site easier for users to find information.
- Increased brand awareness – Since being ranked at the top of a search result makes an impression about the quality of your site, having your website in a top position directly translates to more positive exposure for your site.
- Return on Investment (ROI) – SEO provides trackable data that can be used to accurately measure a sites success or failure. Especially its return on investment. That is, if the site is earning enough to justify what has been invested in it.